Essential Services for the Blind & Visually Impaired
The West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services offers comprehensive skills training to help people with significant vision loss to work and live independently. This one-on-one training is customized to meet the unique needs of each individual, and may range from 3 to 9 months or more.
Available services include:
- Travel training
- Vision utilization training
- Assistive audio devices
- Computer literacy and access technology
- Braille instruction
- Compensatory daily living skills
- Coping strategies for dealing with vision loss
- Adaptive homemaking strategies
... and much more.
For more information about any of the services above, call the statewide toll-free hotline for Information & Referral Services for the Blind at 1-800-642-3021.