- We collect information you choose to give us, such as your e-mail or mailing address.
- The information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other Executive Branch departments' websites and services.
- Any business you do with us may be subject to additional notice requirements which will be provided to you.
Uses of information
- We use personal information you provide for purposes that match the reasons you provide it, or for other uses and disclosures which are reasonably anticipated based on the circumstances.
- We may share your information with other state and federal agencies, as well as others we have hired to assist us, that match the reason you provided it or as required by law (such as for Homeland Security purposes).
- We may share non-personal information for purposes related to improving the website.
Your rights and choices
- You have the right to review the personal information you provide us, and to fix or update that information if it is wrong or outdated.
- If you have consented to an electronic exchange of information, you may cancel that consent by following the instructions in the e-mail you receive.
- If you have subscribed to any of our websites, you may choose to be removed at any time.
The Division of Rehabilitation Services does not solicit, collect nor disburse money through this website. The following provisions apply to all sites managed by the State of West Virginia:
- Agencies of the State of West Virginia conducting online financial transactions use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to safeguard your sensitive personal information, including your credit card number and Social Security number. SSL protocol is the industry's accepted form of encryption and it provides the highest level of protection possible for Internet communications.
- Using this widely accepted form of SSL encryption, your transaction is secured from your personal computer to the state’s computer processing your request.
- All computers are located behind a secure firewall to protect the systems and information necessary to support agencies.
- To improve this website and your experience, we collect non-personal information such as your browser type, operating system, and web pages visited.
- As a State Agency, we may have to provide information you give us if we receive a Freedom of Information Act request, subpoena or court order, and if no other law protects your information.
- As a State Agency, we may have to provide information to law enforcement.
- We will not collect personal information from children without a parent’s consent.
- For more information on how to help protect your computer, personal information, and your family online, visit one or both of the following links:
Office of Technology, State of West Virginia
Attorney General's Office, State of West Virginia
How to contact us
To offer comments or ask questions about the privacy policies of the West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services, please contact:
Aaron Johnson, Privacy Officer
10 McJunkin Road
Nitro, WV 25143
Issued January 30, 2009
Effective August 1, 2009
West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services