Careers at DRS

There are many employment opportunities at DRS, especially in the field of vocational rehabilitation counseling.

If you are considering a career in vocational rehabilitation counseling, read more about that here.

How to Apply

If you are interested in a job at DRS, you must first take steps to apply with the West Virginia Division of Personnel (DOP) and be placed on a civil service register. Below is the basic process that you must follow:

Some state employment positions are continuously open through the Division of Personnel, which means that you can apply for those positions at any time throughout the year to get your name on a civil service register. However, some state employment positions are only open for specific periods of time throughout the year and you may only apply for those positions when the Division of Personnel opens them for public application.

The DRS Rehabilitation Counselor position is continuously open to receive applications through the Division of Personnel but other DRS positions, like the Rehabilitation Services Associate and the Rehabilitation Counselor Trainee, may open for application at different times throughout the year.

The Division of Personnel maintains a complete listing of state employment positions currently open for application.

You may scroll through the entire list or search for specific job titles. Once you find the position or positions you are interested in applying for, just click on the name of the position. This will provide you with important information about the employment opportunity, including the minimum qualifications required, the nature of the work and the salary range. It will also provide you with a direct link to apply for the position. You will be asked to create an account with a username and password, which will allow you to log in anytime to check on the status of your application or to apply for other jobs.

For assistance with this process, you may contact:

  • WV Division of Personnel Staffing Services Section: 304-558-3950
  • DRS Human Resources Department: 304-356-2065 or 304-356-2044

Current and former state employees under the Division of Personnel's classified service may apply directly by sending a completed Division of Personnel application to:

Joshua McAtee
Division of Rehabilitation Services
State Capitol
P.O. Box 50890
Charleston, WV 25305-0890
Phone: 304-356-2065
Fax: 304-558-1474

EEO/ADA Employer

Please include posting number on application!